Most of the companies publish “our mission” somewhere under “about us” on their website. And there it is and looks nice. But strictly speaking, nobody really knows where it came from and what it means exactly. Is that the case for your company?
Well, WE wanted a mission that actually lives, that reflects our values and goes with our objectives. In fact … a mission that let us say: that’s exactly ME.
With the help of Stephen R. Covey’s “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” we therefore developed OUR mission statement which we present here with this blog post.
It is our objective
to strip down project management to the essential,
so that people have fun doing it and achieve their goals.
Now, what does that mean?
Why we do what we do:
We are convinced that project management and thereby the achievement of objectives can actually be fun. If this is not the case , than it is because things are made too complex. This may be due to lack of know-how or through consultants who use complexity to demonstrate their superior expertise. This will now come to an end! We show our expertise by making things so simple everybody can understand and do them.
All our content is created with the objective to make even reading and studying fun.
We explain the things so that everybody can understand and implement them.
For us, reducing project management to the essential means:
- to throw everything over board that is too complicated, requires too much time or is not really necessary to reach the project goals
- to do the things that are really necessary in a way that is simple, efficient and fun
- With our services and products we offer a real and sustainable value to our customers.
- We use our creativity, experience and talents and find always the solution which is the easiest, most efficient and of best quality.
- Our behaviour towards colleagues and customers is determined by honesty, transparency, loyalty, fairness, respect, friendliness and trustworthiness.
- We have fun doing what we do, learn from our errors and get better little by little every day.
- We strive for freedom from chronological, local and financial constraints for our collaborators and ourselves.
- We support each other, compensate our weaknesses, complement our strengths and reach our goals together.
We herewith engage to abide by the above mentioned principles. And we pledge everyone who wants to work for our with us to respect these principles.
Narbonne, 05 November 2016
Ines Sachs – Christian Sachs
(this shall stand for our signatures which we don’t want to publish here to prevent from potential misuse)
Now it’s your turn!
We have thought for a long time whether we should insert this paragraph into the post or not this time. As you can see, we finally decided to do it because it is of particular importance to us.
Your task this time is: Have a look at the mission statement of your company. Question how did it came to life and what does it mean. And above all:
- If you are the company owner, does it match with YOU? Is it YOU?
- If you are an employee of the company, does it match with YOUR own objectives? Does it reflect YOUR values?
Nope? Then you should change something!
Here is the link to the above mentioned book from Stephen R. Covey: 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
You have a question or feedback concerning this post? Then, write it below in the comments field or send me a message via our contact form. I will personally answer all questions.
Sign up immediately to my updates to no longer miss any news: I promise, your email address is safe and you can opt out any time.
I promise, your email address is safe and you can opt out any time.